Friday, August 22, 2008

Ways to get unblocked

Many skype users have been blocked because varioous illegal reasons, but there are also many many users have been blocked without any reasons(at least the users themself don't know why).

So how to get unblocked? Two steps you can follow:


  • Customer Support- for support questions, you can submit request here first. Skype Customer Support is the only way to get help with individual billing, payment, account blocking, fraud and other similar issues.
  • Forums - for general discussions. When you can't get any response from Customer Support , you may post it here with your username associated with your ticket


First, there's Customer Support available at Customer Support. You can submit a request there. The request you submit is a ticket,please remember the skype username associated with your ticket.Maybe you would use it later.
Usually you will receive an automated e-mail response immediatily, it tell you they would respond within 48 hours or sooner. The unblocking procedure can often take longer than 4 days especially if third parties are involved in the account verification process. But my experience is that you should wait for more than one month to receive response and sometime no any response.
Please note that Skype Customer Support is the only way to get help with individual billing, payment, account blocking, fraud and other similar issues.


Second, there's a Forums. If you haven't got any response from cutomer support center, you can post in Forums with the username associated with your ticket. There are some Skype moderator would see your post and raise your case to customer support again.
There's one thing I want to point out about the forums: the forums are NOT a replacement for Customer Support. You had better submit request Customer Support first.

====================================

Process of Submit request:

1.visit Customer Support

2. Click Support Request -> Submit a support request

3.Choose a topic ->Click "My Account (username, password, account status, etc.)" ->Click "Blocked Account"

4.Example of the request
*Subject: My skype account "*****" has been blocked,help check it please
*Problem description or question:
Hello,My skype account "*****" has been blocked,might you help me check it please?

.................. (some details based on yourself)

Please tell me why my account would be blocked, I would advoid to trigger your automatic blocking mechanism.

Thanks and looking for your help

5.Fill in the following item:
*Your name *Your email address *Skype name ..................

====================================
Example for the forums:
(There are several skype moderator with respect such as Norman Musgrave, IKE and so on)

Dear Norman,
My skype name "*****" has been blocked adn I submited the request on Aug. 10,2008 , but I haven't got any response so far. I don't know what I should do now,Can you help me? My skype username associated with the ticket is "*******".

Thanks and looking for your help
*****

====================================

No comments: